Singletary, who was a $3,200 yearling purchase at Keeneland in October of 2001, races in the colors of Little Red Feather Racing. From 10 career starts, he has reached the winner's circle three times and has three seconds and a third, for earnings of $246,922. The La Jolla was the colt's biggest victory, although he also won the Academy Road Stakes at Santa Anita earlier in the year and placed in four other black-type events.
In the Del Mar Derby, Singletary set the pace but gave way in the stretch as Fairly Ransom went on to victory."I guess he'll be back around Thanksgiving," Chatlos said. "I don't need to bring him back any sooner than that. The first goal for him next year is the Shoemaker Mile (gr. IT, at Hollywood Park next May) so there's no reason to have him ready much before then."
Most Popular Stories
- Horses to Watch at OBS March Sale
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Native Diver to Receive New Resting Place
- Mining My Own Produces Bodemeister Filly
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- Half Ours Filly Tops Evangeline 2YO Sale
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Sign 10-Year Deals
- NYRA May Lose Skorton as Chairman
- Mucho Macho Man Florida's Horse of the Year
- Haskin's One for the Roses: Honor Code