Richard Nip's Everyday Angel, an impressive winner in her last trip to the post, and Darley's Zosima, two for three in her brief career, head a field of 11 2-year-old fillies entered in the $100,000 Arlington-Washington Lassie (gr. III) on Saturday's closing day card at Arlington Park. A daughter of Forestry, Everyday Angel turned heads in New York when she broke her maiden by 12 1/2 lengths at Saratoga on Aug. 11 in a quick 1:03.82 for 5 1/2 furlongs over a muddy track. Highly regarded off that win, the Pat Byrne-trained filly was listed as a separate betting interest in the recent Breeders' Cup Future Pool and she closed as fourth choice in the betting at odds of 8.80-1. Shane Sellers has the mount.
Zosima, from Eoin Harty's stable, has made the most of her three starts at Arlington, winning twice and finishing second on the other occasion. The daughter of Capote broke her maiden at first asking July 4, capturing a five-furlong event by 4 1/2 lengths. Next out, she ran second in the Silver Maiden Stakes. In her most recent start, she was a two-length winner in a first-level allowance over six furlongs. Hall of Fame jockey Pat Day will be in to ride Zosima for the first time.1. Rebel Lil, 116, Carlos H. Marquez, Jr.
2. Indian Jewel, 116, Frank Lovato, Jr.
3. Blondz Away, 116, Corey J. Lanerie
4. Bad Kitty, 115, Rene R. Douglas
5. Anapest, 116, Christopher A. Emigh
6. Zosima, 118, Pat Day
7. Lovely Afternoon, 116, Larry J. Sterling, Jr.
8. Everyday Angel, 116, Shane J. Sellers
9. Cryptos' Best. 118, Eddie M. Martin, Jr.
10. Journey Fever, 116, Alfredo J. Juarez, Jr.
11. Sala de Oro, 118, Gary Baze