In June, Nebraska Tornado was a game winner of the Prix de Diane Hermes (Frencho Oaks) but she was well behind Domedriver and several others in the Prix Jacques le Marois at Deauville.
"I'm delighted as I know she's a top-class filly with a lot of speed – I'm not surprised or I wouldn't have run her," Fabre exclaimed. "She's a filly who has really only just come to herself as she was growing in the summer.
"The original idea was to go to Keeneland on Oct. 4 for the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (gr. IT) but, as it comes quite close to the Breeders' Cup, the other option is to wait and go straight to Santa Anita. She will go for either the Mile or the Filly & Mare Turf (gr. It). She beat all the good European milers here so the Breeders' Cup Mile could be an interesting option."
"That was brilliant, said Hughes. "She's as good as Banks Hill if not better."
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity