There are 72 American graded stakes and six Canadian graded events in the 2004 Breeders' Cup Stakes program.
The 10 new series races include:
- $150,000 John B. Campbell Breeders' Cup ($75,000 BC Funds) run Feb. 14 at Laurel Park;
- $100,000 Berkeley Breeders' Cup Handicap ($25,000 BC Funds) on March 27 at Golden Gate Fields;
- $150,000 Dogwood Breeders' Cup Stakes, gr. III ($50,000 BC Funds) at Churchill Downs on May 30;
- $100,000 Seabiscuit Breeders' Cup Handicap ($25,000 BC Funds) at Bay Meadows on May 31;
- $150,000 Aristides Breeders' Cup Stakes Cup Stakes, gr. III ($50,000 BC Funds) at Churchill Downs on June 19;
- $400,000 Swaps Breeders' Cup Stakes, gr. II ($100,000 BC Funds) at Hollywood Park on July 10;
- $200,000 Monmouth Breeders' Cup Oaks, gr. II ($100,000 BC Funds) on Aug. 15 at Monmouth Park;
- $200,000 Pat O'Brien Breeders' Cup Handicap, gr. II ($50,000 BC Funds) at Del Mar on Aug. 15;
- $150,000 Arlington Breeders' Cup Oaks (formerly the Singapore Plate), gr. III, ($50,000 BC Funds) on Aug. 21 at Arlington Park
- $200,000 Arlington-Washington Breeders' Cup Futurity, gr. III, ($50,000 BC Funds) at Arlington Park on Sept. 19.