The chestnut son of Dehere was discovered to have picked up some sort of a plastic foreign object in his foot before last Saturday's race, which caused him enough discomfort for Desormeaux to be concerned.
"I found something in his foot the next morning," Currin, who trains the colt, said. "So Kent did the right thing by scratching him, not knowing what was going on. (Outta Here) is perfectly fine now and there's no damage, thank goodness, and he'll probably run next in the Del Mar Derby."
The $300,000 Del Mar Derby is a 1 1/8-mile turf event for sophomores which will be contested on Sept. 26.
"Now I know how Bud Delp felt with Spectacular Bid," Currin joked, referring to the safety pin Delp found in the colt's foot before the running of the 1979 Belmont Stakes. "But the good news is that he's fine now."
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity