"The International Festival of Racing is a special day that deserves
a special wager," said Arlington Park President Cliff Goodrich of the new Pick 4 bet. "It's very rare to be able to wager on three Grade I races in a Pick 4." Under Illinois wagering rules, the Pick 4 is a single-day pool with no carryover. If nobody correctly selects the four official winners, the net pool will be paid out to those with the most winners.
Post positions will be drawn for the Arlington Million, Beverly D. and Secretariat Stakes on Aug. 13. Advance wagering on the $250,000 guaranteed Pick 4 will be offered beginning Aug. 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29
- KY House Speaker: Gambling Amendment Dead
- Trainer Michael D'Angelo Dies at 55
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- NTRA Safety Alliance Re-Accredits Aqueduct
- Kentucky Horsemen Prepped on New Drug Rules
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Fair Grounds Hall of Fame Inducts Proud Spell
- Breeders' Cup Ramps Up Recruiting in Europe