A top prize of $250,000 and a stable of Thoroughbreds will be on the line in the live finale of GSN's reality TV show, "American Dream Derby" at Santa Anita Park on Monday, Presidents' Day. The first reality show set in a horse racing venue, American Dream Derby was filmed entirely at Santa Anita and premiered on GSN, formerly known as the Game Show Network, on Jan. 10 with 12 contestants throughout the United States. Eight of the original 12 contestants will have an opportunity to select one Thoroughbred in Monday's ninth and final race for the grand prize of $250,000 and all the GSN horses that race that day. Scheduled post time for Monday's ninth race is 4:38 p.m.
The field for the American Dream Derby finale:
1. Avenueofknowledge, Omar Figueroa
2. R Champ, Joe Steiner
3. Big Wagner, Rene Douglas
4. Crafty Value, Kent Desormeaux
5. Nigel No Mates, Jon Court
6. Regal Cruiser, Danny Sorenson
7. Sharp as a Fox, Fernando Valenzuela
8. Shoot Yeah, Casey Fusilier. On the also-eligible list are Kool Smoke, Figueroa; Nukidd, Steiner; Archie's Dream, Douglas; and Lauren's Halo, Desormeaux.A special appearance will be made by pop music sensation LeAnn Rimes, who will perform the show's theme song, "You Take Me Home," as part of the 60-minute program hosted by Steve Santagati. The singer also presents a short set following the races at Sirona's, Santa Anita's popular sports bar adjacent to the paddock.