Ticker Tape, winner of the 2004 American Oaks (gr. IT), will be reunited with jockey Kent Desormeaux Sunday when facing eight other fillies and mares in the $200,000 Royal Heroine (gr. IIIT) at one mile on the Hollywood Park turf.
The Royal Heroine is one of five graded stakes on the Hollywood card Sunday and as a grade III race figured to be the least of the bunch. But a strong of field of nine has been entered.
Morning line favorite at 5-2 is Juddmonte Farms' Intercontinental, who has won nine of 17 starts including last November's Matriarch (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park. Ticker Tape, who finished third in the Matriarch for trainer Jim Cassidy, is posted at 4-1 behind 3-1 Mea Domina, winner of the Gamely Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IT) on May 30.
Two-time grade III winner Pickle helps make the Royal Heroine even tougher.$200,000 Royal Heroine Invitational Stakes (gr. IIIT), fillies & mares 3 & up, 1 mile (turf)
PP. Horse, Jockey, Weight, ML Odds
1. Fencelineneighbor (FL), Luis H. Jauregui, 123, 30/1
2. Mea Domina (KY), Tyler Baze, 123, 3/1
3. Navaja (NZ), Garrett K. Gomez, 117, 12/1
4. Valentine Dancer (CA), Jon K. Court, 123, 8/1
5. Ticker Tape (GB), Kent J. Desormeaux, 121, 4/1
6. Intercontinental (GB), Jerry D. Bailey, 123, 5/2
7. Irgunette (AUS), David R. Flores, 115, 30/1
8. Pickle (GB), Victor Espinoza, 123, 6/1
9. Secret Charm (IRE), John R. Velazquez, 115, 6/1