The Eric Kruljac trainee captured Saratoga's Test (gr. I) at the Raven Run distance of seven furlongs on Aug. 6. The California bred followed that effort with a solid second-place finish to Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I) hopeful In The Gold in the Gazelle (gr. I) at Belmont Park last month. Her regular rider, Kent Desormeaux will take the reins once again.
Trainer Ronny Werner will saddle Nancy and Richard Kaster's speedy Flying Glitter. The daughter of Glitterman has won her last four starts, including the Monmouth Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) and Indiana Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) in her last two. Robby Albarado has the call.
One of the last daughters of Seattle Slew still competing on the racetrack is Amerman Racing's Simply Because. The $120,000 Keeneland September Yearling Sale bargain is coming off an easy win in the CERF Handicap at Del Mar. She has won two races in five starts this year, while never finishing out of the money. Jockey Patrick Valenzuela has been named to ride.
$300,000 Lexus Raven Run (gr. II, Race 9, 5:15 p.m.), 3-year-old fillies, 7 furlongs
PP. Horse, Jockey, Weight, ML Odds
1. Bird Harbor (KY), John Jacinto, 116, 30/1
2. Comacina (KY), Gary L. Stevens, 116, 12/1
3. For All We Know (KY), Shaun Bridgmohan, 116, 6/1
4. Career Oriented (KY), Joe Bravo, 116, 20/1
5. Amazing Buy (KY), Mike E. Smith, 116, 15/1
6. Swede (KY), Terry J. Thompson, 116, 30/1
7. Flying Glitter (KY), Robby Albarado, 118, 8/1
8. Eyes On Eddy (KY), David R. Flores, 116, 12/1
9. Leave Me Alone (CA), Kent J. Desormeaux, 123 2/1
10. Simply Because (KY), Patrick A. Valenzuela, 116, 4/1
11. Winning Season (KY), Orlando Mojica, 116, 20/1
12. Hide and Chic (KY), Rafael Bejarano, 116, 5/1