The 5-year-old mare extended her current win streak to four when she captured the May 26 Gamely Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IT) in her last start.
"That's a better race for her," Ascanio said. "It's a $400,000 race and a grade I and a mile and an eighth, so that's where she'll probably go. She's a very good horse and I think she'll be tough in that race."
Tates Creek has won 10 of her 14 career starts, with a pair of seconds, for earnings of $1,121,007. In addition to the Gamely, the Kentucky-bred daughter of Rahy won last year's Diana Handicap (gr. IIT), Las Palmas Handicap (gr. IIT), Noble Damsel Handicap (gr. IIIT) and Jenny Wiley Stakes (gr. IIIT), as well as this year's Las Palmas Handicap (gr. IIT) and San Gorgonio Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Among the other Mabee probables is Eclipse Award winner Golden Apples, who hasn't raced since being crowned last year's top turf mare following surgery to remove chips from both ankles.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Winning Prize Streaks Home in Kilroe Mile
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Euphrosyne Elevated to Honeybee Victory
- Testa Rossi Cruises in Florida Oaks Stretch
- Cloud Scapes Carries On to Hillsborough Score
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Fiorente Proves Best in Australian Cup
- Vercingetorix Co-Stars on Super Saturday