Pimlico Spring Meeting Adds 25-Cent Pick Six

(from Maryland Jockey Club release)
Pimlico Race Course will offer a 25-cent Pick Six wager at the spring meeting that opens April 20, the Maryland Jockey Club announced April 5. The wager will have a guaranteed net payout of $5,000, to be split equally among all tickets correctly selecting the winners of the six designated races.

"Maryland has never been a focus for Pick Six wagering," said Lou Raffetto, president and chief operating officer of the MJC. "Fans who enjoy the wager are usually located in California and New York. The biggest problem was that it was a $2 wager. We were looking to create a niche by giving the small-to-medium size player a chance at a Pick Six in a reasonable manner. Offering a 25-cent wager with a guarantee payout of $5,000 would be equivalent to awarding a $40,000 payout on a normal Pick Six."

In the event that no one correctly selects all six winners, 25% of the amount wagered that day will be paid out to those selecting the most winners, and the remaining 75% will be carried over to the next Pick Six. The exotic wager will generally be held on races 5 through 10 with a $1 minimum total wager.