Champion Serena's Song much-ballyhooed 2-year-old colt by Storm Cat named Grand Reward, will make his career debut Saturday at Newbury for owners Bob and Beverly Lewis and Michael Tabor.The Lewises sold a half-interest in Grand Reward to Tabor and partner John Magnier, partners in the Irish-based Coolmore operation, earlier this year after the Group I success of his full sister Sophisticat, who last year won the Coronation Stakes (gr. I).Coolmore's bloodstock agent Demi O'Byrne paid $3.4 million for Sophisticat at the 1999 Keeneland July yearling sale. Grand Reward was sent to Ireland late last year at the request of Coolmore and the deal with the Lewises was completed this past February.Grand Reward, who is trained by Aidan O'Brien, will face 13 rivals in the six-furlong contest under jockey Michael Kinane.
Serena's Song was champion 3-year-old filly in 1995 and is boarded at Denali Stud. She foaled her sixth offspring, a filly by Storm Cat, Feb. 23.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online