Better Than Honour

Better Than Honour

Anne M. Eberhardt

Better Than Honour in Foal to Street Cry

Record-priced broodmare Better Than Honour in foal to Street Cry

Better Than Honour, who established a world-record price for a broodmare or broodmare prospect sold at public auction, is in foal to major sire Street Cry and is carrying a filly. The 13-year-old mare is owned by Michael Moreno and Eric Guillot’s Southern Equine Stables and is boarded at John T.L. Jones Jr.’s Walmac Farm near Lexington.

Better Than Honour was purchased for a record $14 milllion at the 2008 Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall mixed sale by Southern Equine Stables. She was not in foal.

Going into the sale, Southern Equine owned 70% of Better Than Honour. The remaining 30% was owned by John Sikura’s Hill ‘n’ Dale Farms. Hill ‘n’ Dale Sales Agency, agent, consigned Better Than Honour to dissolve the partnership.

Better Than Honour (Deputy Minister--Blush With Pride, by Blushing Groom) was voted 2007 Kentucky Broodmare of the Year. She is the dam of Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winners Jazil (in 2006) and Rags to Riches (2007) and grade II winner Casino Drive. Rags to Riches was named champion 3-year-old filly of 2007.

Better Than Honour’s youngest foal is an unraced  2-year-old Giant's Causeway  colt named Arco Felice.

Street Cry (Machiavellian--Helen Street, by Troy) stands at Sheikh Mohammed's Darley USA near Lexington.