Jump Start to Ghost Ridge in Pennsylvania

Former Overbrook stallion Jump Start to stand at Ghost Ridge in Pennsylvania

Jump Start , who stood in 2009 at the Young family’s Overbrook Farm near Lexington, will stand in 2010 at Tarry Bratton’s Ghost Ridge Farms near Brogue, Pa. The 10-year-old son of A.P. Indycurrently is standing in Argentina.

A 75% interest in Jump Start was acquired by Ghost Ridge and shareholders for the Northern Hemisphere portion of Jump Start's career. Jump Start currently stands at Haras La Esperanza. The remaining 25% interest in the stallion is owned by Southern Hemisphere partners.

Jump Start, out of the Storm Cat mare Steady Cat, has sired 18 stakes winners. His eight stakes winners of 2009 include graded winners Assessment, Bold Start, and Rail Trip, winner of the TVG/Betfair Hollywood Gold Cup Handicap (gr. I). Another of this year’s stakes winners, Copper State, ran third in the Oct. 3 Beldame Handicap (gr. I) at Belmont Park.

Jump Start’s 2010 fee is $10,000.

The deal was brokered by David Hager of Idle Hour Farm and Bloodstock, along with Matt Bowling and Jamie LaMonica of The Stallion Company.