Eoin Harty had a hop in his step as he walked back to barn to meet Colonel John, who moments before turned in his final tune-up for the $5 million Breeders’ Cup Classic (gr. I). The son of two-time Classic winner Tiznow was clocked in :59.80 for five furlongs over the Santa Anita Pro-Ride surface Nov. 2. It was the third best of 33 works during the morning sessions.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Hunt Overcomes Trouble to Win Eddie Read
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping