Longshot Al Shemali took over from a trio of American horses in upper stretch and pulled away to win the $5 million Dubai Duty Free (UAE-I) by 1 1/2 lengths March 27 at Meydan Racecourse. The English-bred 6-year-old horse is owned by Sheikh Hamdan and was ridden to victory by Royston Ffrench.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test