The Breeders’ Cup announced Oct. 12 the launch of www.Zenyatta2010.com, a Zenyatta-focused website built in advance of the upcoming Breeders’ Cup World Championships Nov. 5-6 at Churchill Downs, where she will attempt to become the first North American Thoroughbred to ever go 20-0.
The site, which will be cross-sharing content with Zenyatta’s official website www.Zenyatta.com, will serve as an information resource on all things Zenyatta as it relates to the Breeders’ Cup. Features of the site include:
• Daily updates from Zenyatta’s barn—including video and images exclusive to the site
• Bio and pedigree information
• Photos, video, and interesting facts about Zenyatta
• Bios and information on “Team Zenyatta,” including owners Jerry and Ann Moss, jockey Mike Smith, and trainer John Shirreffs
• Streams from Zenyatta’s Facebook and Twitter (@2010Zenyatta) feeds
“She is the star of the show,” said Peter Rotondo, vice president of media and entertainment for the Breeders’ Cup, in a release. “We wanted to create an environment where people could interactively engage and share in the Zenyatta phenomenon and where we could help educate a broader audience that may be new to Zenyatta, working with her team to provide some behind the scenes access.”
The site was built by Conover Tuttle Pace, a full-service advertising/public relations agency in Boston.