Gulfstream Park Racing & Casino announced Oct. 3 the Gulfstream VIP Fan Experience, a unique and exclusive experience that will allow fans an all-access and behind-the-scenes look at Thoroughbred racing, from morning training hours to presenting a trophy in the winner’s circle in the afternoon.
The Gulfstream VIP Fan Experience will offer racing fans an opportunity to view areas previously accessible only to owners and trainers and meet some of the sport’s biggest stars.
The Gulfstream VIP Fan Experience has limited space and is currently only available on the weekends of Jan. 7, Jan. 21, and Feb. 4. The cost is $500 per couple.
All proceeds raised through the VIP Fan Experience will go to the Gulfstream Park Thoroughbred After-Care Program (gpaftercare.com). Established by Frank Stronach, chairman of Gulfstream Park, the After-Care Program helps to care and match retired Thoroughbreds with loving owners who will make a lifelong commitment to their health, safety, and well being. The After-Care Program also offers a curriculum for elementary schools and opportunities to adopt and sponsor retired Thoroughbreds.
“The Gulfstream VIP Fan Experience is the equivalent of sitting in the dugout during a game at Fenway Park or Yankee Stadium, sitting on the bench during a Lakers game, or standing on the sideline during the Super Bowl,” said Gulfstream’s president and general manager Timothy Ritvo. “Gulfstream offers the best racing and the biggest stars during its meet. Now fans can get inside the greatest sport in the world with this all-access opportunity. It’s also a fantastic opportunity to raise money and awareness for our after-care program and our wonderful equine athletes.”
The Gulfstream VIP Fan Experience includes:
• A morning tour of Gulfstream’s backstretch and an opportunity to meet trainers and jockeys as horses are trained and groomed. Fans will also visit with Hollywood, Gulfstream’s official mascot.
• Presenting a plaque in the winner’s circle to the winning connections
• A birds-eye view of Gulfstream to watch clockers record workouts.
• A personal seminar on the day’s races with Gulfstream handicappers Ron Nicoletti, Jessica Pacheco, Ed Gray or Brian Skirka.
• Watching track announcer Larry Collmus call a race.
• A tour of the jockey’s room with clerk of scales Victor Sanchez.
• Lunch at Ten Palms.
• A visit to the Walking Ring
• A Gulfstream Park gift bag.
For more information call 954.457.6451.