Ciao Bella Luna and Lighthouse Bay head an overflow field for the $250,000 Lexus Raven Run Stakes (gr. II) at Keeneland Oct. 19, one of the final graded sprints limited to 3-year-old fillies in 2013.
Fourteen runners plus two also-eligibles were entered for the seven-furlong Polytrack event, which is scheduled to go as the ninth on Saturday's 10-race card with an approximate post time of 5:23 p.m. EDT.
Ciao Bella Luna, who won the Beaumont Stakes (gr. II) this spring, will attempt to become just the second filly to sweep the Beaumont and the Lexus Raven Run. Last year, Gypsy Robin
was the first to accomplish the feat.
By Tribal Rule, Ciao Bella Luna won the Beaumont by 2 1/2 lengths in April when conditioned by Jerry Hollendorfer. Making her initial start for Wayne Catalano, the filly seeks her first victory since then. She was fourth in the June 22 Hollywood Oaks (gr. II) for Campbell, Martin Racing Stable, Greenwood Lodge Farm, and Car-Den Racing last time out, and will be ridden from post 9 in this spot by Ricardo Santana Jr. under 120 pounds.
SF Racing's Lighthouse Bay, trained by George Weaver, makes her Polytrack debut after a brief rest. The Speightstown
filly won the Prioress Stakes (gr. I) but was fifth after a wide trip in the Aug, 24 Test (gr. I), both run at Saratoga Race Course
. Joe Rocco Jr. has the call from post 5 on the 122-pound highweight.
Fathead Bourbonette Oaks (gr. III) winner Silsita
also will attempt to make a comeback from an unsuccessful finish at Saratoga; she was sixth in the Aug. 18 Lake Placid (gr. IIT) for trainer Todd Pletcher last time out. Prior to that, the Macho Uno
filly won the $100,000 My Princess Jess Stakes going 1 1/16 miles at Saratoga for Eclipse Thoroughbred Partners and Tanourin Stable. Earlier in the season, she won the Bourbonette Oaks on the Polytrack at Turfway Park
in her stakes debut. Hall of Fame jockey Mike Smith gets the mount from post 4 as part of a 118-pound impost.
Others of interest include Tim Keeley's Arlington Oaks (gr. IIIT) winner My Option
, an Illinois-bred daughter of Belong to Me
who was third in the Sept. 14 Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Arlington Park
last time out for trainer Chris Block, and prolific Louisiana stakes winner Sittin At the Bar
for owner P. Dale Ladner and trainer Brett Brinkman.
Also entered are allowance winners Plenty O'Toole
, trained by Scooter Dickey for Mike and Natanya McMahon; Hurstland Farm's lightly raced but undefeated Turn by Turn
, trained by Alex Clarkson; and Blazing Meadows Farm's Thetaloveandmine
, trained by Tim Hamm.
$250,000 Lexus Raven Run (gr. II, Race 9, approximate post 5:23 p.m. EDT), 3YO fillies, seven furlongs (turf)
PP, Horse, Jockey, Weight, Trainer
1. Plenty O'Toole (KY), M. Pedroza, 118, C L Dickey
2. Sittin At the Bar (LA), M. Guidry, 120, B A Brinkman
3. Turn by Turn (KY), K.J. Desormeaux, 118, A Clarkson
4. Silsita (FL), M.E. Smith, 118, T A Pletcher
5. Lighthouse Bay (KY), J. Rocco, Jr., 122, G Weaver
6. Thetaloveandmine (KY), J. Graham, 118, T E Hamm
7. Jewel of a Cat (FL), C.P. DeCarlo, 118, B W Perkins, Jr.
8. Elusive Fate (KY), B.J. Hernandez, Jr., 118, G R Arnold, II
9. Ciao Bella Luna (KY), R. Santana, Jr., 120, W M Catalano
10. My Option (IL), E.E. Perez, 118, C M Block
11. Irish Lute (FL), S. Bridgmohan, 118, D Stewart
12. Primed for Passion (KY), M.G. Pino, 118, J E Sheppard
13. Finding More (WA), D.R. Flores, 118, S S Schu
14. Eden Prairie (KY), R. Albarado, 118, N L Pessin
15. Fully Living (KY), C.J. Lanerie, 118, G R Arnold, II
16. Madame Cactus (KY), J. Talamo, 118, P Eurton