Daredevil
<br><a target="blank" href="http://photos.bloodhorse.com/AtTheRaces-1/At-the-Races-2015/i-mx34z4S">Order This Photo</a>

Daredevil
Order This Photo

Coglianese Photos

Daredevil Still Ready for Rescheduled Swale

Even-money favorite set to return for seven-furlong stakes March 7.

After torrential rain washed away the $200,000 Fasig-Tipton Swale Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park Feb. 28, grade I winner Daredevil  looks set to remain in the field when the rescheduled race runs March 7.

Trainer Todd Pletcher said March 1 that the sophomore son of More Than Ready  will work four furlongs the morning March 2 at Palm Beach Downs for the seven-furlong Swale.

"We're going to breeze him tomorrow, just an easy half-mile, and then hopefully be all set for next Saturday," Pletcher said.

Daredevil drew post 1 and was installed as the even-money favorite in the original field of seven for the Swale. Owned by Let's Go Stable and WinStar Farm, he won his first two starts, including the Champagne Stakes (gr. I) Oct. 4 at Belmont Park before finishing last of 11 in the Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) Nov. 1 at Santa Anita Park.

Another Swale entry, three-time stakes winner Souper Colossal, may be heading in a different direction in preparation for a potential Triple Crown bid.

Owned by Charlotte Weber's Live Oak Plantation, the 3-year-old son of War Front  was entered in the seven-furlong Swale to prep for the $1 million Besilu Stables Florida Derby (gr. I) March 31. The Swale postponement has prompted trainer Eddie Plesa Jr. to reconsider his original plan.

"It's a negative, because if we're looking at the big picturewhich is certainly running in the (Kentucky) Derby," Plesa said of the colt, who won the five-furlong Texas Glitter Stakes Feb. 7 at Gulfstream. "I have to look at opportunities and a time frame to get my horse ready to earn (qualifying) points.

"With the Swale being postponed for a week, it gives me seven less days to do what I believe is best for my horse. That being said, I'm going to look what my options are and discuss it with Mrs. Weber and Bruce Hill, the farm manager."

Plesa said the decision will between running in the Swale and the $350,000 Tampa Bay Derby (gr. II), which is also set to run March 7 at Tampa Bay Downs.