Keeneland's opening weekend, set for Oct. 7-9, features nine graded stakes.
The 2014 Horse of the Year covered six furlongs in 1:13 flat.
Three-time champion covered six furlongs in 1:12 3/5.
The grade II sprint is a Breeders' Cup Challenge "Win and You're In" race.
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Flintshire Among First 'Super Saturday' Cast
- Champion Big Blue Kitten Retired
- Servis Has Plan to Get Songbird With 'Sophia'
- Espinoza: California Chrome Never Better
- OwnerView Seeks New Owner Noms
- Ward: Lady Aurelia Could Run 'Best Ever Race'
- Victory to Victory Breaks Maiden in Natalma
- Good Samaritan Kicks from Last to Win Summer
- Not This Time, Daddys Lil Darling Look to BC
- Songbird Logs Pre-Trip Breeze at Santa Anita
- Tepin Extends Win Streak in Woodbine Mile
Breeders' Cup Divisions
Breeders' Cup Challenge Races
|Maine Chance Farms Paddock S.||Filly & Mare Turf||Smart Call (SAF)|
|L'Ormarins Queen's Plate||Mile||Legal Eagle (SAF)|
|The Star Doncaster Mile||Mile||Winx (AUS)|
|Darley T J Smith S.||Turf Sprint||Chautauqua (AUS)|
Sam Houston Race Park officials could offer opinions on the track's many low-takeout wagers, but they figure that pricing every horizontal wager (Daily Double, Pick 3, Pick 4, Pick 5) at 12% for a fourth straight year says volumes.
- Dennis Drazin on One That Got Away
- Magazine Story Looks at Takeout Issue
- A look at this year's winners of multiple Challenge Races