Trainer Aidan O'Brien and the Coolmore contingent has won the last two Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IT) contests. They are poised for a three-peat with Irish-based imports Giovanni Boldini and Wilshire Boulevard.
Coolmore stallions Uncle Mo and Zoffany will be shuttling this year to Coolmore Australia.
An audible groan went up from the table of traveling lads from France at the Breeders' Cup World Championships post-position draw when it was announced three-time Mile (gr. IT) winner had drawn the rail.
A European import coming off a difficult trip at Woodbine is among the classy turf runners seeking to keep Gio Ponti from winning his second consecutive Shadwell Turf Mile (gr. IT) Oct. 8 at Keeneland.
Mutual Trust kept his perfect record intact when he edged out Zoffany and Strong Suit to take the $316,614 Prix Jean Prat (Fr-I) at Chantilly July 3.
It wasn't quite as easy as his classic victory, but Frankel was able to maintain his unbeaten record with a three-quarter-length win in the $406,928 St. James's Palace Stakes (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot June 14.
Pathfork kept his record unblemished with a hard-fought victory over Casamento in the boylesports.com Vincent O'Brien National Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh Sept. 11.
Zoffany came charging with a late run under Johnny Murtagh to capture the Keeneland Phoenix Stakes (Ire-I) by a half-length at the Curragh Aug. 8.
Most Popular Stories
- Another Chapter for John Nerud
- Oaklawn Park Cancels Feb. 28 Racing
- Shamal Wind, Suavito Sprint to Caulfield Wins
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- American Pharoah Shows Readiness for Rebel
- Trainer A. C. Avila Suspended, Fined by CHRB
- California Chrome Working Steadily for Dubai
- Caesars' Moves Impact Turfway, ThistleDown
- Nerud 3-Year-Old Wins Again at Big A