HorseRacing TV will provide nightly replays of the Del Mar races, beginning this Saturday, Aug. 15.
Hold for Gold and Mambo Train will stand in 2009 at Fleming Thoroughbred Farm near Willcox, Ariz.
The Kentucky-based Old Friends Thoroughbred retirement facility and Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, Calif., are joining to present "Old Friends Day" Jan. 20 at the West Coast racetrack.
Jockeys Cliff Berry became Lone Star Park's all-time leading rider and Ramsey Zimmerman earned his 1,000th victory Sunday at the Grand Prairie, Texas, racetrack.
When its meet begins Dec. 26, Santa Anita will show live workouts through a link on the California track's Web site.
Trainer John Charles Zimmerman died of a heart attack April 9 in his Aventura, Fla., home. He was 46.
More Smoke popped the gate in a hurry from his inside post for jockey Clinton Potts and was never headed as he upset prohibitive favorite Razor and blazed to an eye-popping 14 1/2-length win in the $107,100 Lafayette (gr. III) for 3-year-old sprinters at Keeneland Sunday.
For the first time in its 10-year history, there is a new winner of the Isaac Murphy Award presented by the National Turf Writers Association. Ramon Dominguez has unseated nine-time winner Russell Baze.
More Smoke started the new year the way he ended the last one, winning this time against newly turned 3-year-olds in Saturday's $50,000 Dancing Count Stakes at Pimlico.
Grade I winner Carson Hollow, a three-time New York champion of 2002 for Frank Stronach and partners, died Aug. 25 following colic surgery at Ontario Veterinary College in Canada,
Zippy Chippy extended his string of futility to 93 races Thursday night at Penn National, finishing eight in a five-furlong maiden special weight race.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale