War Horse Place stallion Kitalpha, a full brother to Kingmambo, has died of cancer, farm owner Gerry Aschinger announced in Lexington Sept. 21.
Kitalpha, a full brother to prominent stallion Kingmambo, sired his first winner from his initial North American crop when his 2-year-old son Keg won at six furlongs at Prairie Meadows.
South African golf legend Gary Player, fresh off Sunday's final round play of the U.S. Senior Open at the Inverness Club in Toledo, Ohio, stopped at Churchill Downs on Monday to visit another of his country's notable exports: Ipi Tombe, winner of Saturday's Locust Grove Handicap (gr. III) in her U.S. racing debut.
At a time when the mare Ipi Tombe becomes the first Zimbabwe-bred imported to North America, the horses remaining in her native land face injury and slaughter due to a government land grab.
Most Popular Stories
- Second Summer catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike