War Horse Place stallion Kitalpha, a full brother to Kingmambo, has died of cancer, farm owner Gerry Aschinger announced in Lexington Sept. 21.
Kitalpha, a full brother to prominent stallion Kingmambo, sired his first winner from his initial North American crop when his 2-year-old son Keg won at six furlongs at Prairie Meadows.
South African golf legend Gary Player, fresh off Sunday's final round play of the U.S. Senior Open at the Inverness Club in Toledo, Ohio, stopped at Churchill Downs on Monday to visit another of his country's notable exports: Ipi Tombe, winner of Saturday's Locust Grove Handicap (gr. III) in her U.S. racing debut.
At a time when the mare Ipi Tombe becomes the first Zimbabwe-bred imported to North America, the horses remaining in her native land face injury and slaughter due to a government land grab.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Fires Bullet on Oklahoma Training Track
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Drefong's Win a Boost for Machmer Hall
- Monmouth Gets Donation, Alters Shipper Policy
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Stryker Phd Star of Washington Cup Day
- Three Rules Hopes to Keep Win Streak Alive
- Arrogate's Romp Enhances Half Sister's Value
- Made You Look Headlines With Anticipation