War Horse Place stallion Kitalpha, a full brother to Kingmambo, has died of cancer, farm owner Gerry Aschinger announced in Lexington Sept. 21.
Kitalpha, a full brother to prominent stallion Kingmambo, sired his first winner from his initial North American crop when his 2-year-old son Keg won at six furlongs at Prairie Meadows.
South African golf legend Gary Player, fresh off Sunday's final round play of the U.S. Senior Open at the Inverness Club in Toledo, Ohio, stopped at Churchill Downs on Monday to visit another of his country's notable exports: Ipi Tombe, winner of Saturday's Locust Grove Handicap (gr. III) in her U.S. racing debut.
At a time when the mare Ipi Tombe becomes the first Zimbabwe-bred imported to North America, the horses remaining in her native land face injury and slaughter due to a government land grab.
Most Popular Stories
- Mucho Macho Man Returns to Gulfstream Tab
- Hong Kong Cup: Winfried Engelbrecht-Bresges
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park