The California Horse Racing Board has entered into an agreement in which trainer Genaro Vallejo will be suspended 90 days and fined $3,000 for a medication violation dating to July 2012.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club has determined that the banned substance zilpaterol found in tests taken from 12 horses trained by P.F. Yu was the result of contaminated feed.
The California Horse Racing Board announced it has lifted its restrictions on delivery of certain types of Purina feed to trainers after receiving assurance from the company that the products no longer contain zilpaterol.
The California Horse Racing Board, citing feed contamination, has dismissed 48 positive tests for zilpaterol, which is used in cattle.
In hopes of heading off positive drug tests for zilpaterol, the California Horse Racing Board is warning trainers of sweet feed products containing a molasses base produced by Purina at its Turlock, Calif., mill.
Quarter Horse trainer Adan Farias, arrested last month by federal authorities on money laundering charges involving a notorious Mexican drug cartel, has had his license revoked for two years by the CHRB in an unrelated case.
Racing from Santa Anita Park and Golden Gate Fields would be available on television network TVG under a content swap currently being negotiated, an executive from The Stronach Group told the California Horse Racing Board.
The CHRB Medication and Track Safety Committee will conduct a public meeting April 11, for discussion and action on a number of proposals relating to the safety of racehorses and the integrity of racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- U.S. Alleges Conspiracy at Penn National
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- ROAP Seeks Regulation of 'Program Trainers'
- Luck of the Kitten Starts '15 in Transylvania
- El Kabeir Fires Bullet Work at Belmont
- Is Mubtaahij a Major Derby Contender?
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn