Evan Hammonds reviews the plethora of big races from the weekend. Ron the Greek, Beholder, Princess of Sylmar, Mucho Macho Man and many more! watch video
Beholder left no doubt that she is ready to take on the best distaffers on the continent after easily going gate-to-wire in the Zenyatta Stakes (gr. I) against a salty group of shippers and older fillies and mares.
The 14 Breeders' Cup World Championship races Nov. 1-2 highlight the 27 graded stakes carded for the 24-day Santa Anita Park fall meet that begins Sept. 27.
Potesta, the Hollywood Oaks winner who suffered a career-ending condylar fracture to her left foreleg, recently arrived at Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky., for her engagement in Keeneland's January sale.
Love and Pride, good enough to beat champion Royal Delta in her previous start, had little trouble dispatching her rivals in the $250,000 Zenyatta Stakes (gr. I), going gate to wire at Santa Anita Park Sept. 29.
An interesting mix of talented fillies and mares, headlined by 2012 grade I winners Include Me Out, Love Theway Youare, and Love and Pride, and will go postward in the Sept. 29 Zenyatta Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park.
Zenyatta, winner of the 2009 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) and Horse of the Year in 2010, will be remembered for all-time by Santa Anita Park when the track unveils a life-sized statue of the great mare Sept. 29.
With Zenyatta expected to run in the race, the Zenyatta Stakes has been changed back to its original name, the Lady's Secret Stakes, which will be run Oct. 2 at Oak Tree at Hollywood Park meeting.
Undefeated champion Zenyatta worked a leisurely four furlongs in :51.80 at Hollywood Park Aug. 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Check Ligament Surgery Helps Racehorses with SDFT Injuries
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse