Three of Smart Strike's best sons-who retired to stud in the space of four years-are shaping up as if they have the potential to make their way to the upper echelons of the North American stallion colony.
Curlin, the 2007-08 Horse of the Year, made a good showing when he covered the first of the mares booked to him for his first season at stud at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Running notes of the highlights of the Keeneland November sale, which began Nov. 5 and included 17 horses selling in excess of $1 million.
Asher set a brisk pace under jockey Mark Guidry and continued on to win Saturday's $200,000 Gardenia Handicap (gr. III) at Ellis Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- WinStar Farm Acquires Interest in Upstart
- Broad Offering Should Keep OBS April Growing
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Kentucky Derby Notes, April 20
- Red Cadeaux Nearing Record Earnings Plateau
- Mitchell Remembered as 'Brilliant Horseman'
- Late-Running Longshots Key to Derby Super
- 2015 Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Kentucky Derby Prep Race Results and Points