Haskell Invitational (gr. I) winner Paynter turned in his second work since making a comeback from severe illness and the subsequent surgery he underwent last year, breezing four furlongs in :50 1/5 at Santa Anita Park.
Grade I winner Bodemeister has been sent to WinStar Farm near Versailles, Ky.,and will be evaluated by Dr. Larry Bramlage of Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital in the coming days, WinStar president Elliott Walden confirmed.
Two days after winning the Haskell Invitational (gr. I), Zayat Stables' Paynter remained at Monmouth Park with a slight fever that prevented him from shipping back to trainer Bob Baffert's base in Southern California.
Grade I winner Downthedustyroad brought $1.5 million to top the fourth session of the 2007 Keeneland January horses of all ages sale Jan. 11. For the session, the Central Kentucky auction house registered across the board gains, while the cumulative numbers took a small dip.
E Z Warrior, purchased for $1.2-million earlier this year, provided the fireworks on Independence Day at Hollywood Park as his explosive late run carried him to a 2 3/4-length victory over Great Hunter in the $100,000 Hollywood Juvenile Championship.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Aurelia's Belle Helps Owner Realize Dream
- Tapit Colt Leads Robust OBS Second Session
- Claiborne Farm to Sponsor Breeders' Futurity
- California Chrome Boasts Strong Foundation
- Afternoon With the Regal Rosalind
- Gulfstream-Calder Deal Could Be in Works
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/21/2014
- Forty Niner Son Gold Case Euthanized
- Louisiana Puts More Pressure on Fair Grounds