Favored Spice Route, making his first start in 2010, emerged from the pack in upper stretch and swept to an easy win in the $153,999 Singspiel Stakes (Can-IIIT) on Queen's Plate day at Woodbine July 4.
Siren Lure, a sprint specialist who has won five of seven 2006 starts, meets Eclipse Award winner Declan's Moon in Saturday's $100,000 Vernon O. Underwood at Hollywood Park as the 2004 champion 2-year-old returns to the races following a 3 ½-month layoff.
Bordonaro and Pure as Gold, both possible TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) contenders, are among six that will contest the $250,000 Ancient Title Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. I) over six furlongs at Santa Anita's Oak Tree meeting Saturday.
The 6-year-old gelding Captain Squire capped his surprising comeback from knee surgery Saturday when he collected his first grade I win in the $236,000 Ancient Title Breeders' Cup (gr. I) at Santa Anita's Oak Tree meeting.
The $250,000-added Ancient Title Breeders' Cup (gr. I) attracted seven of the West's top sprinters Saturday at Santa Anita's Oak Tree meeting.
Mrs. G. Rowland Clark & Usk Valley Stud's Zanzibar drew away in deep stretch to a seven-length win over Rosa di Brema in Sunday's Oaks d'Italia (Ity-I) at San Siro. The Michael Bell-trained 3-year-old daughter of In the Wings, out of the Diesis mare Isle of Spice, completed the 1 3/8 miles in 2:16.50 on good turf under jockey Michael Fenton.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation
- Nightflower Takes Second Europa
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again