NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) winner Kip Deville makes his 5-year-old debut April 11 at Keeneland, but will have to take down 10 talented older horses in order to defend his Maker's Mark Mile (gr. IT) title, including multiple graded stakes winner Einstein.
The outsider Lang Field produced his first stakes win with an 18-1 upset by a neck over favored Zann in the $400,000 Citation Handicap (gr. IT) on the Hollywood Park turf on Nov. 23.
If trainer Bobby Frankel could write a perfect scenario for the $400,000 Citation Handicap (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park Nov. 23, it would involve a dry forecast and a one-two finish. Frankel sends out a pair of starters in the 1 1/16-mile turf event -- Silent Name, whose 12th-place finish in the NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) was a result of the soft turf, says the trainer, and Proudinsky, whose back-to-back wins in his last two starts have earned him the jump to grade I company for the second time in his career.
The Brazilian-bred Out of Control stole the spotlight from Lava Man and Surf Cat in Oak Tree's $252,000 Oak Tree Mile (gr. IIT) with a heart-pounding nose victory over Zann at Santa Anita Park Oct. 7.
Multiple grade II winner Surf Cat makes his turf racing debut Oct. 7 for trainer Bruce Headley when he tackles Lava Man and four others in the $250,000 Oak Tree Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff