Favored Zagora found firm going much to her liking in capturing the $250,000 Ballston Spa Stakes (gr. IIT), presented by Jose Cuervo, in record time on the inner turf course Aug. 25 at Saratoga Race Course.
Bettors made Zagora the even-money favorite in the $150,000 Gallorette Handicap (gr. IIIT) and she rewarded their faith in her.
Zagora's great turn of foot delivered a win in the Hillsborough Stakes, just 3/5ths of a second off the Tampa Bay Downs track record for 1 1/8 miles on the turf.
Zagora earned her first United States win in five starts when she charged home on the outside to tally convincingly in the $500,000 Diana Stakes (gr. IT) on the Saratoga turf July 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- McCarron: Clarification
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier