Favored Zagora found firm going much to her liking in capturing the $250,000 Ballston Spa Stakes (gr. IIT), presented by Jose Cuervo, in record time on the inner turf course Aug. 25 at Saratoga Race Course.
Bettors made Zagora the even-money favorite in the $150,000 Gallorette Handicap (gr. IIIT) and she rewarded their faith in her.
Zagora's great turn of foot delivered a win in the Hillsborough Stakes, just 3/5ths of a second off the Tampa Bay Downs track record for 1 1/8 miles on the turf.
Zagora earned her first United States win in five starts when she charged home on the outside to tally convincingly in the $500,000 Diana Stakes (gr. IT) on the Saratoga turf July 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online