by Ann Peters
One of the surprise stallion developments of 2012 is Spring At Last, who finished second behind Henrythenavigator on the year-end first-crop sire rankings.
by Ann Peters
Spring Venture, trained by Mark Casse and ridden by Patrick Husbands, stayed unbeaten while prevailing under a hand ride Oct. 6 at Woodbine in the featured $205,361 Mazarine Stakes (Can-III).
Trainer Mark Casse won the $250,000 Natalma Stakes (gr. IIT) for the fourth time in the past seven years when his fillies Spring Venture and Spring in the Air ran first and second in the one-mile turf event at Woodbine.
A filly by Spring At Last consigned by Eisaman Equine, agent, Hip No. 408, worked a quarter in :20 4/5, the fastest work at the distance at the second session of the Under Tack Show for the OBS sale.
Godolphin Racing proved at Nad Al Sheba Racecourse on Thursday that it will be a force in 2001 after dominating a program with three 1-2-3 finishes, including a sweep of the inaugural US$200,000 Moonshell Mile. Also on display on the card were five 3-year-olds nominated to the U.S. Visa Triple Crown series.
Richard, Bertram, and Elaine Klein's Thunder Bertie closed from off the pace to win the $100,000 Arlington-Washington Lassie Stakes (gr. III) by 2 3/4 lengths Saturday at Arlington International. The win was the second career win for the Bernard Flint trainee, who completed the one-turn mile race in 1:36.91 under Jeremy Beasley.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate