Odds-on choice Secret Gypsy made the long trip from New Orleans to earn the first graded stakes win of her career when she captured the $149,800 Distaff Handicap (gr. II) by 1 1/4 lengths at Aqueduct March 21.
Royale Michele, the Mountaineer Park shipper who won the Barbara Fritchie Handicap (gr. II) in a 10-1 surprise in her last start, takes on a small but tough field in Aqueduct's $150,000 Distaff Handicap March 21.
For the third consecutive time, heavy favorite Indian Blessing demolished sprint rivals when she coasted to victory by 6 1/4 lengths in the $150,000 Gallant Bloom Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park Sept. 20.
Hal and Patti Earnhardt's homebred Indian Blessing, who was scratched from the 1 1/16-mile Ruffian Handicap (gr. I) two weeks ago, returns to the racetrack as a sprinter and faces older horses for the first time. Last year's champion juvenile filly will try for her fifth graded stakes victory of the season Sept. 20 when she takes on a short but talented field in the $150,000 Gallant Bloom Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park.
Joseph Shields Jr.'s homebred Any Limit fought off Miss Macy Sue in the early stages and opened up her lead around the turn, eventually romping to a 5 3/4-length victory in the $150,000 Honorable Miss Handicap (gr. II) Aug. 1 at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Day By Day
- Seven Derby Hopefuls Bred Outside Kentucky
- Cairo Prince Scheduled for Ankle Surgery
- Champion Steeplechaser Flatterer Dies at 35
- NBC Sports Group to Air Derby, Triple Crown
- Breeders' Cup Challenge Series Expands
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- 40-Day Santa Anita Spring Meet Starts Friday
- Light on 2-Year-Olds? Blame the Weather
- Social Inclusion Breezes, Preakness Targeted