Gross and average rise, but results for overall sale remain down.
Cash is King Stable, Jess Jackson, and Gainesway Farm have announced that dual classic winner Afleet Alex will enter stud for $40,000 at Gainesway near Lexington.
Cash Is King's Afleet Alex, dramatic winner of the Preakness and runaway winner of the Belmont Stakes (both gr. I), was operated on Wednesday at the New Jersey Equine Clinic after suffering a condylar fracture. The 3-year-old son of Northern Afleet is now out of consideration for the upcoming Haskell Invitational Handicap (gr. I) and Travers Stakes (gr. I) but could return for a fall campaign.
Cash is King Stable managing partner Chuck Zacney, co-owner of Afleet Alex, announced Tuesday he has accepted Dan Borislow's $50,000 challenge matching Borislow's Wild Desert against Afleet Alex and Rockport Harbor in a horse-against-horse showdown in the April 16 Arkansas Derby (gr. II).
Afleet Alex, the 2-year-old colt who amuses himself by playing with a blue rubber ball suspended in his stall at Lone Star Park, showed his affinity for the Grand Prairie track Monday when he zipped five furlongs in :58 2/5.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala