Gross and average rise, but results for overall sale remain down.
Cash is King Stable, Jess Jackson, and Gainesway Farm have announced that dual classic winner Afleet Alex will enter stud for $40,000 at Gainesway near Lexington.
Cash Is King's Afleet Alex, dramatic winner of the Preakness and runaway winner of the Belmont Stakes (both gr. I), was operated on Wednesday at the New Jersey Equine Clinic after suffering a condylar fracture. The 3-year-old son of Northern Afleet is now out of consideration for the upcoming Haskell Invitational Handicap (gr. I) and Travers Stakes (gr. I) but could return for a fall campaign.
Cash is King Stable managing partner Chuck Zacney, co-owner of Afleet Alex, announced Tuesday he has accepted Dan Borislow's $50,000 challenge matching Borislow's Wild Desert against Afleet Alex and Rockport Harbor in a horse-against-horse showdown in the April 16 Arkansas Derby (gr. II).
Afleet Alex, the 2-year-old colt who amuses himself by playing with a blue rubber ball suspended in his stall at Lone Star Park, showed his affinity for the Grand Prairie track Monday when he zipped five furlongs in :58 2/5.
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact
- Keeping Pace: Galileo Proving Up to Challenge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 09/16/2014
- Curlin Colt Tops Strong Keeneland Session
- Flashback Retired to Stand at Hill 'n' Dale
- Fast Anna Gets Class Relief in Gallant Bob
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion