Eoin Harty had a hop in his step as he walked back to barn to meet Colonel John, who moments before turned in his final tune-up for the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I). The son of two-time Classic winner Tiznow was clocked in :59.80 for five furlongs over the Santa Anita Pro-Ride surface Nov. 2. It was the third best of 33 works during the morning sessions.
Most Popular Stories
- Is Early Detection of Arthritis in Horses Finally a Reality?
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Ghost Bay Breaks Maiden in Maryland Juvenile