Trainer Marty Wolfson sent out back-to-back stakes winners during Calder's Summit Preview June 13 when Andrew Rosen's 3-year-old filly First Passage won the $95,500 Leave Me Alone Stakes. One race earlier, Wolfson-trained You Luckie Mann won the $84,000 Unbridled Stakes.
Trainers Marty Wolfson and Kirk Ziadie will saddle multiple sprint contenders in the Summit Preview stakes June 13 at Calder Race Course as leading local division leaders bid for a berth in one of the rich stakes to be run on the $1.45 million Summit of Speed program on July 11.
This Ones for Phil, making his first start for Rick Dutrow Jr., took over at the top of the lane from 6-5 favorite You Luckie Mann and drew away for a 2 1/4-length victory in the $250,000 Sunshine Millions Dash for 3-year-olds at Gulfstream Park Jan. 24.
Notonthesamepage grabbed the lead soon after the start and never looked back, romping by more than eight lengths in the $100,000 Spectacular Bid for 3-year-olds, the first stakes race of the Gulfstream Park winter season on opening day at the Hallandale Beach track Jan. 3.
You Luckie Mann and Silent Valor figure to attract most of the attention in the $100,000 Spectacular Bid Stakes, the six-furlong event which kicks off Gulfstream Park's 2009 series for 3-year-olds on opening day Jan. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Aurelia's Belle Helps Owner Realize Dream
- Tapit Colt Leads Robust OBS Second Session
- Claiborne Farm to Sponsor Breeders' Futurity
- California Chrome Boasts Strong Foundation
- Afternoon With the Regal Rosalind
- Gulfstream-Calder Deal Could Be in Works
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/21/2014
- Forty Niner Son Gold Case Euthanized
- Louisiana Puts More Pressure on Fair Grounds