Multiple graded stakes winner Spring House, who snapped out of his recent slump with a repeat victory in the San Luis Obispo Handicap (gr. IIT) last month, returns in almost identical conditions for the $150,000 San Luis Rey Handicap (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita March 21.
Multiple grade II winners Out of Control, Red Giant, and Spring House head a field of seven entered for the $250,000 Clement L. Hirsch Turf Championship (gr. IT) at Oak Tree's Santa Anita meet Sept. 27.
Heavy favorite Spring House, given a push-button ride by Corey Nakatani, set a turf course record for 11 furlongs in the $250,000 Del Mar Handicap (gr. IIT) Aug. 23, earning a slot in the Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) in the process.
The $250,000 Del Mar Handicap (gr. IIT) Aug. 23, the first of five Breeders' Cup Challenge races at the seaside track this weekend, marks the 2008 debut of the 9-year-old multiple graded stakes winner Runaway Dancer.
Grade II winner Well Armed makes his first start since running third in the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) as one of the favorites in the $300,000 San Diego Handicap (gr. II) at Del Mar July 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll