Shonan Adela stamped herself as Japan's top 2-year-old filly when she came with an overpowering outside run and edged past Let's Go Donki in the final strides in the Hanshin Juvenile Fillies (Jpn-I) Dec. 14.
Rainbow Dahlia won the Queen Elizabeth II Commemorative Cup-Diamond Jubilee (Jpn-I) on Nov. 11 at Kyoto, narrowly denying three-time Japan filly Triple Crown runner-up Verxina a breakthrough win.
With a powerful late burst, outsider Nakayama Festa nabbed favorite Buena Vista in the final strides to win the $3.1 million Takarazuka Kinen (Jpn-I), Japan's grand prix race to conclude the spring racing season June 27.
Most Popular Stories
- Stanford Among Seven for Curlin Stakes Test
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Belmont Average Handle, Attendance Declined
- Durkin Named TCA Honored Guest
- Reports of Mares Bred Due by Aug. 1.
- Curalina Gets CCA Oaks After 'Chatterbox' DQ
- French Bloodstock Agent Moquet Dies at Age 46
- Track Defends Trainer Suspended for Positive
- Wild Dude Stuns Masochistic in Bing Crosby
- F-T Moves Midlantic December Sale to 2016