Keeneland's January horses of all ages sale kicked off with solid trade and a gain in median but few fireworks during the opening session Jan. 6 in Lexington.
Irish Smoke did not have as much experience as most of the 2-year-old fillies in the $250,000 Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 2, but what she lacked in class, she made up for with overwhelming closing speed.
The Aug. 15 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga has attracted nine entrants, and they have combined for 11 wins from 16 starts, with none finishing out of the money.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Churchill Downs Stock Price Soars
- Real Solution Acquired by Calumet Farm
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Management Changes at Fair Grounds
- Stallion Mr. Big Moves to California
- Delaware Jockey Facing Charges After Shooting
- Keeneland September Sale: 4,164 Yearlings
- For Now, Nine Expected to Race in WV Derby