Keeneland's January horses of all ages sale kicked off with solid trade and a gain in median but few fireworks during the opening session Jan. 6 in Lexington.
Irish Smoke did not have as much experience as most of the 2-year-old fillies in the $250,000 Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 2, but what she lacked in class, she made up for with overwhelming closing speed.
The Aug. 15 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga has attracted nine entrants, and they have combined for 11 wins from 16 starts, with none finishing out of the money.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Abashiri Sweeps South African Triple Crown
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby