Bolo fired his best off a seven-month layoff in the $200,000 Arcadia Stakes (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park, where he caught odds-on grade I winner Obviously in the final strides to secure his first graded victory.
Om, Prospect Park, and Bolo are scheduled to make their 4-year-old debuts in the Arcadia Stakes, but they'll all be encountering older horses for the first time.
Sweetnorthernsaint and Strong Contender meet for the first time as the favorites in Saturday's $100,000 Hal's Hope Handicap (gr. III) on opening weekend at Gulfstream Park.
Harry T. Aleo's Lost in the Fog, the Eclipse Award sprint champion of 2005, will get a feel for the track that will host this year's renewal of the TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) when he takes on six rivals in Saturday's $150,000-added Aristides Breeders' Cup (gr. III) at Churchill Downs.
Lost in the Fog, winner of the Eclipse Award as America's champion sprinter of 2005, has been assigned high weight of 124 pounds for next week's $150,000-added Aristides Breeders' Cup (gr. III) at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- A Look Back at Quack's California Derby
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2