Bolo fired his best off a seven-month layoff in the $200,000 Arcadia Stakes (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park, where he caught odds-on grade I winner Obviously in the final strides to secure his first graded victory.
Om, Prospect Park, and Bolo are scheduled to make their 4-year-old debuts in the Arcadia Stakes, but they'll all be encountering older horses for the first time.
Sweetnorthernsaint and Strong Contender meet for the first time as the favorites in Saturday's $100,000 Hal's Hope Handicap (gr. III) on opening weekend at Gulfstream Park.
Harry T. Aleo's Lost in the Fog, the Eclipse Award sprint champion of 2005, will get a feel for the track that will host this year's renewal of the TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) when he takes on six rivals in Saturday's $150,000-added Aristides Breeders' Cup (gr. III) at Churchill Downs.
Lost in the Fog, winner of the Eclipse Award as America's champion sprinter of 2005, has been assigned high weight of 124 pounds for next week's $150,000-added Aristides Breeders' Cup (gr. III) at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule