Favored Chatain made it back-to-back wins in Gulfstream Park's $100,000 Hal's Hope Handicap (gr. III) with a devastating kick for home Jan. 6.
Timber Reserve missed three months of training after his game victory in the Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II). Now he's back, seeking to emerge as a top 4-year-old in the Hal's Hope Handicap (gr. III) Jan. 6 at Gulfstream Park.
Nine-year-old gelding Revved Up will be looking for his third consecutive victory on Florida Million day, as Calder Race Course celebrates the Sunshine State's Thoroughbred breeding industry by offering eight stakes worth $1.2 million for registered Florida-breds Nov. 10.
Live Oak Plantatation's 9-year-old Revved Up, Lewis Pell and Michael Eigner's 3-year-old Imawildandcrazyguy and J D Farm's 2-year-old Wise Answer are prominent among the Florida-bred stars young and old nominated for the eight stakes races worth a total of $1.2 million to be run on the Florida Million program at Calder Race Course Nov. 10.
Yes He's the Man took advantage of a race without much early speed, getting the jump on his 10 rivals and cruising home in gate-to-wire fashion in the $100,000 Spend a Buck Handicap (gr. III) Oct. 13 at Calder Race Course, his first career graded stakes win.
After Lost in the Fog invaded from California to win the $300,000 Carry Back Stakes (gr. II) in 2005, the six-furlong Summit of Speed test has a strong California presence once again in this year's renewal. Too Much Bling and Northern Soldier are the probable favorites in the field eight 3-year-olds.
A dozen promising 3-year-olds will line up for the $150,000 Swale Stakes (gr. II) at seven furlongs at Gulfstream Park, a race won last year by California invader Lost in the Fog.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm