Favored Chatain made it back-to-back wins in Gulfstream Park's $100,000 Hal's Hope Handicap (gr. III) with a devastating kick for home Jan. 6.
Timber Reserve missed three months of training after his game victory in the Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II). Now he's back, seeking to emerge as a top 4-year-old in the Hal's Hope Handicap (gr. III) Jan. 6 at Gulfstream Park.
Nine-year-old gelding Revved Up will be looking for his third consecutive victory on Florida Million day, as Calder Race Course celebrates the Sunshine State's Thoroughbred breeding industry by offering eight stakes worth $1.2 million for registered Florida-breds Nov. 10.
Live Oak Plantatation's 9-year-old Revved Up, Lewis Pell and Michael Eigner's 3-year-old Imawildandcrazyguy and J D Farm's 2-year-old Wise Answer are prominent among the Florida-bred stars young and old nominated for the eight stakes races worth a total of $1.2 million to be run on the Florida Million program at Calder Race Course Nov. 10.
Yes He's the Man took advantage of a race without much early speed, getting the jump on his 10 rivals and cruising home in gate-to-wire fashion in the $100,000 Spend a Buck Handicap (gr. III) Oct. 13 at Calder Race Course, his first career graded stakes win.
After Lost in the Fog invaded from California to win the $300,000 Carry Back Stakes (gr. II) in 2005, the six-furlong Summit of Speed test has a strong California presence once again in this year's renewal. Too Much Bling and Northern Soldier are the probable favorites in the field eight 3-year-olds.
A dozen promising 3-year-olds will line up for the $150,000 Swale Stakes (gr. II) at seven furlongs at Gulfstream Park, a race won last year by California invader Lost in the Fog.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Second Summer catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card