The Keeneland September yearling sale is a tradition. As Saratoga is the "August place to be" so might Keeneland be considered the September hotspot. In another industry it might be considered a convention of sorts.
Fasig-Tipton has catalogued 180 yearlings for its Saratoga select yearling sale, which is scheduled for Aug. 8 and 9 in New York.
Sale records were established for the number of horses sold, gross revenue, and average price at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling auction, which ended on Wednesday. In addition, more horses were sold for six-figure prices than ever before.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby