Nearly 100,000 people gathered at Sha Tin and Happy Valley racecourses in Hong Kong Feb. 2 to celebrate the Year of the Horse during the traditional Chinese New Year race day.
The postal system in New Zealand has issued stamps depicting two-time Australian Horse of the Year Sunline and five other horses. According to the New Zealand Post's Web site, issuance of the stamps and a silver coin is in conjunction with the Chinese Lunar Calendar's "Year of the Horse."
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Arqana October Yearling Sale Sets Records
- Phlash Phelps Team Back in Maryland Million
- Shy Ruston is Calibrachoa's First Winner