Nearly 100,000 people gathered at Sha Tin and Happy Valley racecourses in Hong Kong Feb. 2 to celebrate the Year of the Horse during the traditional Chinese New Year race day.
The postal system in New Zealand has issued stamps depicting two-time Australian Horse of the Year Sunline and five other horses. According to the New Zealand Post's Web site, issuance of the stamps and a silver coin is in conjunction with the Chinese Lunar Calendar's "Year of the Horse."
Most Popular Stories
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- Apprentice LaRicci Tallies With First Mount
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- F-T July: 'Chrome' Asst. Trainer Alan Sherman
- Massachusetts Sire Dr. Rockett Gets First Win
- Jockey David Mello Registers 1,000th Win
- F-T Kentucky: Hip 154 Cowboy Cal--Refugee
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell