Nearly 100,000 people gathered at Sha Tin and Happy Valley racecourses in Hong Kong Feb. 2 to celebrate the Year of the Horse during the traditional Chinese New Year race day.
The postal system in New Zealand has issued stamps depicting two-time Australian Horse of the Year Sunline and five other horses. According to the New Zealand Post's Web site, issuance of the stamps and a silver coin is in conjunction with the Chinese Lunar Calendar's "Year of the Horse."
Most Popular Stories
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September
- Final Breeders' Cup Board Seats Filled
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Harris, Frazier Lead 2014 Washingon HOF Class
- Filly Taghrooda Takes Aim at Ascot History
- OBS Fall Sale to Include Horses of Racing Age
- Global Gaming Almanac Set for July 28 Release
- Equineline 'Pedigree Binder' Now Available
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Wednesday at Saratoga