Nearly 100,000 people gathered at Sha Tin and Happy Valley racecourses in Hong Kong Feb. 2 to celebrate the Year of the Horse during the traditional Chinese New Year race day.
The postal system in New Zealand has issued stamps depicting two-time Australian Horse of the Year Sunline and five other horses. According to the New Zealand Post's Web site, issuance of the stamps and a silver coin is in conjunction with the Chinese Lunar Calendar's "Year of the Horse."
Most Popular Stories
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- OBS Championship Stakes Fields Set
- Guest Suite’s Class Can Prevail in LeComte Stakes (G3)
- Mexikoma to Stand at Keen Farms
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al