A filly by Jump Start was purchased R.E. Wilson, agent for Thomasina Caporella, for $190,000 to top the opening session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2007 June Sale of Two-Year-Olds in Training and Horses of Racing Age.
The Louisiana Racing Commission on Friday upheld trainer Cole Norman's six-month suspension and $1,000 fine for two separate incidents late last year involving total carbon dioxide violations.
Beginning Thursday, Jorge Lara will be the trainer of record of horses racing at Oaklawn Park now with Cole Norman, according to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.
Expansion of gambling at Oaklawn Park in Hot Springs, Ark., moved one step closer to reality after the Arkansas State Racing Commission approved rules and regulations for electronic games of skill at its Aug. 1 meeting in Little Rock.
In a photo finish Tuesday, voters narrowly approved Oaklawn Park's request to bring additional electronic games of skill to the Hot Springs, Ark., track.
Tamweel, a solid second in the Overbrook Spinster Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland Oct. 10, got some solid exercise over the track at Lone Star Park Thursday morning and is geared up for the Breeders' Cup Distaff – Presented by Nextel (gr. I).
Brainstorming for ideas to celebrate Oaklawn Park's centennial in 2004, track owner Charles Cella turned into the $6-million man late last summer. At the ripe old age of 67, Cella stunned his colleagues when he said he was going to offer a $5-million bonus to any 3-year-old that swept Oaklawn's Rebel Stakes and Arkansas Derby (gr. II) and then won the Kentucky Derby (gr. I). He also raised the purse of the Arkansas Derby to $1 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- 793 Cataloged for Tattersalls Ireland Sale
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse