Verxina led gate to wire as she struck for a repeat win in the Victoria Mile (Jpn-I) May 18 at Tokyo Racecourse.
Four times second at the group I level in 2012, Verxina finally broke through in the Victoria Mile (Jpn-I) May 12 at Tokyo Racecourse when holding off the strong late charge of Whale Capture to prevail by a nose.
Holding the rare distinction as runner-up in all three jewels of Japan's Triple Crown for fillies, Verxina will try for a break through in the Queen Elizabeth II Commemorative Cup (Jpn-I) Nov. 11 at Kyoto.
Unrivaled took command of the $2.3 million Satsuki Sho (Japanese Two Thousand Guineas) at the top of the stretch and held off a late charge from Triumph March to win by 1 1/2 lengths before 71,201 at Nakayama Racecourse April 19.
Admire Jupiter, one of four horses entered by owner Riichi Kondo, held off defending champion Meisho Samson by a head to win the US$2.4 million Tenno Sho (Spring) before 81,760 at Kyoto Racecourse May 4.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- The Influence of His Majesty
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees