Buyers were particularly discerning on day one of the Magic Millions National yearling sale June 2 as the clearance rate came in at 69%.
A son of I Am Invincible sold for the highest price of $300,000 ($US234,577) at the second session of the Inglis classic yearling summer sale Feb. 9 as robust trading continued in Sydney, Australia.
Sharp Susan and Mimi Lebrock commanded seven-figure prices as the William Inglis & Son Easter Broodmare sale opened April 17 in Australia with a super select session and supplementary offerings.
The opening section of the 2010 Magic Millions national broodmare sale ended its three-session run June 1 with a gross that was up 18.1% from a year ago, but the average price declined 7.5%.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Gimme Da Lute Brings Class to Real Good Deal
- Lochte Seeks Winning Form in Oceanport
- Protonico Heads Monmouth Cup Stakes Cast
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Matchmaker Offers Intriguing Matchup
- Monmouth Tried to Launch Three-Race Series
- Strong Field Lines Up for Jim Dandy