Buyers were particularly discerning on day one of the Magic Millions National yearling sale June 2 as the clearance rate came in at 69%.
A son of I Am Invincible sold for the highest price of $300,000 ($US234,577) at the second session of the Inglis classic yearling summer sale Feb. 9 as robust trading continued in Sydney, Australia.
Sharp Susan and Mimi Lebrock commanded seven-figure prices as the William Inglis & Son Easter Broodmare sale opened April 17 in Australia with a super select session and supplementary offerings.
The opening section of the 2010 Magic Millions national broodmare sale ended its three-session run June 1 with a gross that was up 18.1% from a year ago, but the average price declined 7.5%.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Trainer Stuart Earns Career Victory 1,000
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Churchill Downs, Cancer Institute Announce Partnership
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start