The first Western Australian crop of Kentucky-based sire War Chant made a splash on day one of the Magic Millions Perth yearling sale Feb. 18, with a filly sold for the day's highest price and three colts among the top 10.
Booked full for the current season, young sire Frost Giant will be headed from his base in New York to stand at Yarradale Stud in Western Australia for the Southern Hemisphere season that begins in August.
With overall strength of the re-formatted Magic Millions Perth yearling sale squarely at the top of the market, the auction concluded Feb. 20, paced by an Oratorio colt purchased for $100,000 (US$103,175).
Three Chimneys Farm stallion War Chant (Danzig--Hollywood Wildcat, by Kris S.), will shuttle to Ron Sayers' Yarradale Stud in Western Australia for the 2011 breeding season.
An Elusive Quality colt became the most expensive horse sold so far during the Magic Millions Perth yearling sale in Australia, bringing Aust$240,000 ($184,375 in U.S. funds) during the third session Feb. 11 in Australia.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- National HBPA Sets Convention Agenda
- Racing Investigators to Meet in NJ in March
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- TCA to Present Awards of Merit
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title
- Flashy Debut for Royal Delta Half Brother