The first Western Australian crop of Kentucky-based sire War Chant made a splash on day one of the Magic Millions Perth yearling sale Feb. 18, with a filly sold for the day's highest price and three colts among the top 10.
Booked full for the current season, young sire Frost Giant will be headed from his base in New York to stand at Yarradale Stud in Western Australia for the Southern Hemisphere season that begins in August.
With overall strength of the re-formatted Magic Millions Perth yearling sale squarely at the top of the market, the auction concluded Feb. 20, paced by an Oratorio colt purchased for $100,000 (US$103,175).
Three Chimneys Farm stallion War Chant (Danzig--Hollywood Wildcat, by Kris S.), will shuttle to Ron Sayers' Yarradale Stud in Western Australia for the 2011 breeding season.
An Elusive Quality colt became the most expensive horse sold so far during the Magic Millions Perth yearling sale in Australia, bringing Aust$240,000 ($184,375 in U.S. funds) during the third session Feb. 11 in Australia.
Most Popular Stories
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Equestrian Group Earns International Award
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience