The first Western Australian crop of Kentucky-based sire War Chant made a splash on day one of the Magic Millions Perth yearling sale Feb. 18, with a filly sold for the day's highest price and three colts among the top 10.
Booked full for the current season, young sire Frost Giant will be headed from his base in New York to stand at Yarradale Stud in Western Australia for the Southern Hemisphere season that begins in August.
With overall strength of the re-formatted Magic Millions Perth yearling sale squarely at the top of the market, the auction concluded Feb. 20, paced by an Oratorio colt purchased for $100,000 (US$103,175).
Three Chimneys Farm stallion War Chant (Danzig--Hollywood Wildcat, by Kris S.), will shuttle to Ron Sayers' Yarradale Stud in Western Australia for the 2011 breeding season.
An Elusive Quality colt became the most expensive horse sold so far during the Magic Millions Perth yearling sale in Australia, bringing Aust$240,000 ($184,375 in U.S. funds) during the third session Feb. 11 in Australia.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- Obviously Targets Del Mar Mile Three-Peat
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- Compound Pharmacy Reinforces Safety Standards