Contested, a grade I winner who was last in her most recent start, will attempt to regain winning form and earn her most lucrative victory to date when competing in the $500,000 Test Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 25 at Saratoga.
Believe You Can predict the winner of this year's Kentucky Oaks? Predict the Order
A visual look at the Kentucky Oaks field in post position order. View Slideshow
While the striking bay Grace Hall has the favored 5-2 morning line status in the May 4 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), there are plenty of other fillies in the full field of 14 that deserve much more than a passing glance.
Sacristy, Oaks Lily, and Yara worked at Churchill Downs April 27 in advance of the May 4 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I).
Yara, upset winner of the Davona Dale Stakes (gr. II) earlier this year, is being pointed toward the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) following her fifth-place finish in last week's Gulfstream Park Oaks (gr. II).
While Florida-bred Yara may have a resume with the most potential to score a victory in the March 31 Gulfstream Oaks Stakes (gr. II), there are several other fillies in the eight-horse field with impressive credentials.
Peres International's Yara reclaimed the lead from odds-on favorite Grace Hall at the top of the stretch and held her off to post a shocking 64-1 upset in the $350,000 Davona Dale (gr. II) Feb. 25 at Gulfstream Park.
Sacristy, winner of the Old Hat Stakes (gr. III) as the favorite on New Year's Day, appears to be a standout in the $200,000 Forward Gal Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park Jan. 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer Walsh Says Mistake Led to Positive
- California Implements New Whip Rule
- Ostrolenka, Good Luck Gus Rematch in NY Derby
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Workers' Comp Remains for NY Exercise Riders
- RaceTech Adds Suit Against Kentucky Downs
- 284 Cataloged for F-T New York-Bred Sale
- Rome Keynote Speaker at 2016 Owner Conference
- Genuine Reward to Old Friends
- Santa Anita Reports Attendance, Handle Gains