As he prepares his longshot Bodhisattva for the May 16 Xpressbet.com Preakness Stakes (gr. I) at Pimlico Race Course, trainer Jose Corrales makes no apologies for the unusual name that is a tongue twister.
Playfair's racing days could be over for good. The 65-acre property that includes the track near Spokane, Wash., is listed for sale for $7 million and all of its contents and equipment--starting gate, tractors, seating, and more--will be auctioned March 4.
Eric Nelson, the new operator of Playfair race course near Spokane, Wash., is considering racing options for Yakima Meadows, a track about 200 miles southwest of Spokane.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Hard Aces Too Tough in Cougar II
- Nyquist Logs Final Work for Haskell
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury