As he prepares his longshot Bodhisattva for the May 16 Xpressbet.com Preakness Stakes (gr. I) at Pimlico Race Course, trainer Jose Corrales makes no apologies for the unusual name that is a tongue twister.
Playfair's racing days could be over for good. The 65-acre property that includes the track near Spokane, Wash., is listed for sale for $7 million and all of its contents and equipment--starting gate, tractors, seating, and more--will be auctioned March 4.
Eric Nelson, the new operator of Playfair race course near Spokane, Wash., is considering racing options for Yakima Meadows, a track about 200 miles southwest of Spokane.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Connections of Uncle Lino, Laoban Regroup
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Young Buys Malibu Moon Filly for $500,000
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt Sells for $600,000
- Exaggerator Turns the Tables, Wins Preakness
- The Ex Terminator
- Medaglia d’Oro Colt Tops F-T Midlantic Opener