As he prepares his longshot Bodhisattva for the May 16 Xpressbet.com Preakness Stakes (gr. I) at Pimlico Race Course, trainer Jose Corrales makes no apologies for the unusual name that is a tongue twister.
Playfair's racing days could be over for good. The 65-acre property that includes the track near Spokane, Wash., is listed for sale for $7 million and all of its contents and equipment--starting gate, tractors, seating, and more--will be auctioned March 4.
Eric Nelson, the new operator of Playfair race course near Spokane, Wash., is considering racing options for Yakima Meadows, a track about 200 miles southwest of Spokane.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Industry Asks for H-2B Visa Program Support
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- BH 100: Commemorates
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- ADW Company AmWest Joins NTRA
- Laurel Announces Winter Stakes Schedule