As he prepares his longshot Bodhisattva for the May 16 Xpressbet.com Preakness Stakes (gr. I) at Pimlico Race Course, trainer Jose Corrales makes no apologies for the unusual name that is a tongue twister.
Playfair's racing days could be over for good. The 65-acre property that includes the track near Spokane, Wash., is listed for sale for $7 million and all of its contents and equipment--starting gate, tractors, seating, and more--will be auctioned March 4.
Eric Nelson, the new operator of Playfair race course near Spokane, Wash., is considering racing options for Yakima Meadows, a track about 200 miles southwest of Spokane.
Most Popular Stories
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Rachel's Valentina, Tonasah Head Spinaway
- Del Mar Debutante Field Talented and Diverse
- Goldy Espony on Streak Entering Glens Falls
- Back to Business for Liam's Map in Woodward
- Spendthrift Out Front with Top Sires' Fees
- Suffolk to Reopen for First of Three Programs
- Takeover Target Heads Saranac
- No Stability with Texas Commission Funding
- Riker Aims for Third Straight Win in Swynford