State regulators in New York are moving to add several drugs to race-day threshold standards in order to be in sync with national model rules of the Association of Racing Commissioners International.
The board voted to revise thresholds for three medications on the list of controlled therapeutic substances, and recommended expanding an out-of-competition testing program that would include a list of prohibited substances.
Oft-sanctioned owner/trainer Scooter Davis and trainer Doug Shanyfelt have been banned from Charles Town Races and the West Virginia Racing Commission is reviewing evidence against both horsemen.
The discovery by a New York State Racing and Wagering Board official of a box containing three syringes and needles in Rick Dutrow's barn at Aqueduct was the focus during the second day of his hearing.
New York racing authorities deemed trainer Richard Dutrow `"obnoxious" and ordered him to show why he should not be suspended, lose his license, and be kicked off state tracks.
Stewards at Golden Gate Fields have disqualified a pair of horses trained by Jerry Hollendorfer and ordered a redistribution of purses in separate medication cases announced by the California Horse Racing Board Nov. 1.
Trainer Cody Autrey is serving a seven-day suspension and has agreed to a $12,500 fine after two horses in his care were found to have competed with guanabenz in their systems during last summer's Del Mar meet.
Trainer Michael Pender began serving a 15-day suspension Jan. 3 stemming from a medication violation for guanabenz, which was found in one of his horses during the Del Mar meeting.
Northern California trainers Jerry Hollendorfer and Jeff Bonde were named in separate California Horse Racing Board complaints announced Oct. 20.
Two complaints against trainer Cody Autrey and one against trainer Michael Pender were filed by the California Horse Racing Board after horses in their care were found to have guanabenz in their systems in post-race urine tests.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot